Due to various unexpected life-altering circumstances, it has become the norm for many Americans to live paycheck to paycheck. Saving even an extra $10 has become a challenge with the rise in costs of misc. items that are needed to live day to day. Nonetheless, due to this unpredictable economy, it is even more important now than ever to stash away some extra cash for those unforeseen rainy days. Implementing creative saving measures can help you not only save a little money but also can motivate you along the way.
Get started by trying this fun, challenging, and creative saving ideas:
- Enroll in the Keep the Change Program with your bank and challenge yourself to obtain a monthly dollar goal.
- Turn those old CD’s and DVD’s into cash by visiting your local music exchange store.
- Entertain your family on a budget and have fun with local music, food, and arts festivals.
- Relax by candlelight and cut cost on your electric bill.
- Advertise unused items and old collectibles around the house on Craigslist.
- Carpool with friends to catch up on the latest gossip while saving money on gas.
- Use public transportation and meet new people.
- Try new recipes from your old cookbooks.
- Enroll in reward programs with your grocery store and credit card companies to earn discounts.
- Watch the latest episodes of your favorite sitcoms online.
- Research Upromise programs to earn cash back to help with paying off college loans and locating other deals.
- Get creative with arts and crafts around the house.
- Rent those old hard to find movies from your local library.
- Subscribe to the email distribution list of your favorite stores and venues to receive special offers and discounts.
Robin Williams is an Executive at CashOne, a leading provider of online payday loans and instant payday loans. Serving the entire United States, CashOne is a preferred partner to help people get through their short-term financial crunches through fast approval and simple terms and conditions. Google +